Latest Comments

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
betty 1 points 17 hours ago.

Aks is not “an extremely bad American version” of ask, it has been around for over 1000 years, was used by Chaucer and early English translations of the Bible - and has been wonderfully preserved in certain dialects. However, where you might be right is about its use in Africa today, of that I am not sure, it seems to be most common in the US, UK and Australia. Don’t really know it from Ireland

zak2020 1 points 52 minutes ago.

The English language used by Chaucer would not be understood by most English speakers today. The language has changed considerably since his day. But, thanks for the comment.

Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches (2023) S1 E1
alexisbits 1 points yesterday.

Always glad to provide a chuckle, augusts1! It’s funny, she’s been in so many other things (including “To Wong Foo”, which lost yet another cast member recently. Melinda Dillon/Merna).

augusts1 1 points 6 hours ago.

I didn’t know why you referenced that line & watched the 1st epi then understood why lol. She is a great actor. Loved the 1st epi too, it was very well done (see my review on the main page).

Blackfish (2013)
GeminiSaga 2 points 12 hours ago.

Free Willy!

grasshopper rex 1 points 7 hours ago.

That whole project was a fiasco, but at least he died in the wild instead of in captivity.

Rambo: Last Blood (2019)
Alien 1 points 7 hours ago.

Rambo really was a bad ass.

The Last of Us (2023) S1 E4
grasshopper rex 1 points 7 hours ago.

How is it that this show just keeps getting better and better?

Saturday Night Live (1975) S48 E12
expresso 1 points 8 hours ago.

Lisa from Temecula is a classic! Laughed so hard I cried. Everybody broke in the scene. Easily in my top 5 of all time. It’s on YouTube if you don’t want to watch the whole thing.

Ghosts (2021)
LaserGuy 1 points 9 hours ago.

Son of Gun.. I never noticed that about the U.K. version
Tnx

Alien 1 points 8 hours ago.

In the British version many of the actors are also the writer/creators.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
Alien 1 points 12 hours ago.

My father was a university English professor and would never have let me get away with using that word no matter the argument in its defense.

Personally, it doesn’t roll off the tongue smoothly.

grasshopper rex 2 points 8 hours ago.

That explains soo much.

Ghosts (2021)
CaptKSKS 1 points 10 days ago.

In the British original the basement ghosts were all the upstairs actors in plague makeup, I think that may have carried over in early episodes.

LaserGuy 1 points 9 hours ago.

Son of Gun.. I never noticed that about the U.K. version
Tnx

Blackfish (2013)
Alien 1 points 10 hours ago.

I could never watch this movie knowing what I would see.

Blackfish (2013)
GeminiSaga 2 points 12 hours ago.

Free Willy!

Servant (2019) S4 E4
Birdsforme 1 points 12 hours ago.

Good visually, but no substance to the story. Only series I watch that I wish it would conclude.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
betty 1 points 17 hours ago.

Alien 1 points 12 hours ago.

Personally, it doesn’t roll off the tongue smoothly.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
greyfur 3 points 18 hours ago.

I’ve seen it on other sites. Depends on the site, and what you say. There is this one site I go to watch stuff, works great, stays pretty updated, but it’s best to stay away from the comments section, those people posting are a bunch of uncontrolled jerks.

Pretty much no pleasing them, no matter what show is on, no matter what airs, and no matter what the comment…and it for the most part is allowed generally by the admins as long as the language is kept in some kind of check…

Alien 2 points 14 hours ago.

F that. 😏

Avatar: The Way of Water (2022)
TrixenTreats 1 points 16 hours ago.

Cameron makes better movies when he has smaller budgets. He can’t edit himself when he has a blank check.

Catch My Killer (2013) S1 E1
BellaMia1 1 points 17 hours ago.

I’m glad the family got some answers, at least. But I do not think they got closure, per se. It’s unfortunate that justice took so long.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
zak2020 1 points yesterday.

Strange at 1:17:34s that Princess Shuri uses the word aks instead of ask. An extremely bad American version of the English word. Not expected from an African, speaking English. Not a great film. I think Disney is spoiling the Marvel universe.

betty 1 points 17 hours ago.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
Alien 2 points 19 hours ago.

You must have caught flack elsewhere because there’s no evidence of that here.

greyfur 3 points 18 hours ago.

The Prestige (2006)
harryteze 1 points 21 hours ago.

Anyone else recognize smeagle?

Alien 1 points 19 hours ago.

Of course we do.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
kintaru 2 points 20 hours ago.

Yeah.It was hard trying to go along with forced emotional content.i caught flack when i said it sucked. Angela gave strong showing.

Alien 2 points 19 hours ago.

You must have caught flack elsewhere because there’s no evidence of that here.

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
kintaru 2 points 20 hours ago.

The Prestige (2006)
harryteze 1 points 21 hours ago.

Anyone else recognize smeagle?

Obsession: Dark Desires (2014) S1 E2
BellaMia1 1 points 21 hours ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Only a coward hides behind his machine-distorted toy, to terrorize a pregnant woman. Very manly. But what pisses me off the most, is the sentence he got, for all the trauma he caused. If he was found guilty of a rape and the stalking on this girl, it’s only a matter of time before he escalates to worse crimes. He should’ve gotten more time in jail. An enraging case.

Chip 'n Dale: Rescue Rangers (2022)
bcjammerx 1 points 22 hours ago*.

another kid favorite ruined. it wasn’t a roger rabbit type animation show…the movie is. oh and the show was just that, a show, chip and dale are actors…that’s the movie. that’s not the show. ok so I haven’t stopped watching it…so I guess once you get over that it’s not a bad movie. but they didn’t have to change the whole premise of the show to do this plot. oh well, worth a watch.

Saturday Night Live (1975) S48 E12
Alien 1 points 22 hours ago*.

Coldplay. Blaaaa! Thank the gods for the “fast-forward 30 seconds at a time” button.

Make My Day (2023)
kerfy 1 points yesterday.

pretty dang good..

Alien 1 points 23 hours ago.

…for GRUBS!

One Lane Bridge (2020) S3 E3
Piglet 1 points yesterday*.

I just started to watch this episode and we get to see what was on the previous episode. What I saw was not in episode 2! Maybe it’s a preview of what is going to happen in episode 3? I did some research and there are 5 episodes. I guess I’ll keep watching episode 3 and hope for the best. Well, I’m not crazy! For some reason episode 3 is actually episode 4! So where is episode 3? And no matter where I look, all sites are missing episode 3! And of course that episode is very crucial! There was supposed to be a total of 7 episodes but for some reason that didn’t happen and there will be no season 4!

Make My Day (2023)
kerfy 1 points yesterday.

pretty dang good..

Saturday Night Live (1975) S48 E12
grasshopper rex 1 points yesterday.

SNL is so hit and miss now, with the hits being fewer and further apart than ever. The only constant is Weekend Update and that the musical guests are just yawn.

The Devil's Hour (2022)
Piglet 1 points yesterday.

I took notice of Jessica Raine when she was on Call the Midwife. Good actress and generally like anything that she’s in. This drama sounds interesting and will put it on my list to watch.

Valentine DayZ (2018)
alexisbits 1 points yesterday.

It’s. . . okay. Obsessive zombies for Valentine’s Day.

RuPaul's Drag Race (2009) S15 E6
augusts1 2 points 2 days ago.

Spice is a little too ‘sugary’ for me (see what I did there? lol). I like them fine but I much prefer far more spice than she offers. Ya know the saying - the darker the berry, the sweeter the juice lol.

It’s a beehotch gettin’old let me tell you!!!

alexisbits 2 points yesterday.

I saw, lol.

Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches (2023) S1 E2
augusts1 2 points 2 days ago.

Excellent. I’m planning on it. I do love Anne Rice & have read the vamp chronicles & Cry To Heaven which I loved. I own a bunch of others including the 1st book of the Mayfair books but have yet to read them. I think I even tried reading it but I found Anne to get FAR too into unnecessary descriptions. I kind of lost interest in her writing in the last vamp book when Lestat meets Memnoch the devil & tours hell. Anne goes on & on endlessly w/descriptions of the surroundings of hell. I just found myself skipping over whole chapters since they were mainly describing sections of hell. Ugh! lol.

alexisbits 2 points yesterday.

Oh goodness no! “Memnoch The Devil” wasn’t even close to the last of the Vampire Chronicles. That said, she CAN be a bit verbose. As I reread the Mayfair books (albeit very slowly), I’m finding that out. She manages to create very detailed works. For good or bad. lol. But this show is worth checking out. As is the bastardized TV version of “Interview With The Vampire”.

Anne Rice's Mayfair Witches (2023) S1 E1
augusts1 2 points 2 days ago.

Just re-reading this thread & it made me literally laugh out loud.

alexisbits 1 points yesterday.

Poker Face (2023) S1 E5
Alien 2 points yesterday*.

This show reminds me of Route 66 only hilarious.
Yeah, yeah. I’m showing my age. It used to be a great show, though.

Edit: Actually, it’s more like The Fugitive.

alexisbits 3 points yesterday.

I’ll have to look those up!

Poker Face (2023) S1 E5
grasshopper rex 2 points yesterday*. (Contains Spoilers)

I get that you have to temporarily suspend disbelief for almost anything coming out of Hollywood and yes, there were some very funny moments in this episode and yes, the trellis scene was funny as hell BUT, it was ludicrous af and killed the whole episode for me. If there were other bits in the previous episodes that were just as over the top it wouldn’t have bothered me in the least, but that one scene just kind of stands alone and doesn’t really fit imo.

And thanksss. Grumpy goat is back. Cover your children’s eyes and ears, and hide youse edibles.

alexisbits 2 points yesterday. (Contains Spoilers)

That trellis scene was exactly what made me say WTF?

Moonhaven (2022)
Alien 1 points 3 days ago.

Unfortunately, this has been cancelled.

greenguy86 1 points yesterday.

Yep. Sucks. All the cool Sci-fi always is first to go.

Babylon (2023)
GeminiSaga 1 points yesterday.

A great homage to Hollywood’s craft and narcissism.

The Man Who Fell to Earth (2022)
errrwhocares 3 points yesterday.

crap.. i should have known. the good ones never seem to get a second season. thanks for letting me know

Alien 2 points yesterday.

Yes, it’s very disappointing. You’re welcome.

The Man Who Fell to Earth (2022)
Alien 5 points 26 days ago.

There will be no season 2 😧

errrwhocares 3 points yesterday.

Moonhaven (2022)
expresso 2 points yesterday.

boo

Alien 2 points yesterday.

Right?

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022)
GeminiSaga 2 points yesterday.

I don’t know what people found appealing in this movie, it tries to be epic and emotional but it’s just terrible.

Shrinking (2023)
expresso 1 points yesterday.

This is Jason Segel’s show and he is really good. The Harrison Ford character doesn’t need Harrison Ford, that could have been any of a dozen actors of his age and stature.

Will Trent (2023)
expresso 1 points yesterday.

The more episodes I see, the more I like this. Top quality actors, good writing and character development.

Moonhaven (2022)
Alien 1 points 3 days ago.

Unfortunately, this has been cancelled.

expresso 2 points yesterday.

boo

Nolly (2023)
Akrimay 1 points yesterday.

Right on!

Alien 2 points yesterday.

Thanks for commenting on this and bringing it to the forefront.

Poker Face (2023)
starphlo 2 points 7 days ago.

The font used in the credits is very similar if not exactly the same as the one used in Columbo. She does remind me of him. And I want her hair. Great show.

Alien 1 points yesterday.

Think of all the things you could do with that hair!

Nolly (2023)
Piglet 4 points 8 months ago.

Unfortunately, I know nothing about British soap operas but anything with Helena Bonham Carter can’t be bad and worth watching I’d think.

Akrimay 1 points yesterday.

Right on!

Poker Face (2023) S1 E5
Alien 1 points yesterday.

lmao. gotcha!

grasshopper rex 1 points yesterday.

Good grief!

Fantasy Island (2021) S1 E3
[deleted]
dosmundos 2 points yesterday.

i disagree, i don’t find her situation sad at all. We all have wonderful memories of the past, it doesn’t mean we can’t move on and continue living.