Latest Comments

Ali (2001)
yellow_rose1 1 points 32 minutes ago*.

I have never watched this movie not once. I shall let you know what I think after I watch it. Sometimes it takes me a couple days to get through a movie lately as I am going through a very manic phase. “I float like a butterfly and sting like a bee” I was really young but I still remember that Iconic phase that he said on the television

Darkest of Lies (2023)
SheWatches 1 points 2 hours ago.

Slow and cringing sometimes. It was just so-so for me. I do like the actors, they did a good job.

Tierra de Mujeres (2024) S1 E4
Birdsforme 1 points 3 hours ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Best episode, but awful to end with that cliffhanger.

Rules Don't Apply (2016)
Alien 1 points 4 hours ago*.

A wonderful period piece directed by and starring Warren Beatty.
There is also an A-list supporting cast. Quite a few big actors in small parts.
I liked it very much and recommend it to all who enjoy the genre.

Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990)
CableNoWay 1 points 4 hours ago.

Shannon Doherty made The first 4 seasons of 90210 The Best Ever - R.I.P

Fam Time (2024)
Gnostic_Alchemist 1 points 4 hours ago*.

This is actually pretty funny at times

Star Wars: Episode IX - The Rise of Skywalker (2019)
melange6 1 points 5 hours ago.

One of the best movies I’ve ever seen, one of the top 4 in the franchise. Drama, joy, tears. I loved it.

Tierra de Mujeres (2024) S1 E2
Birdsforme 1 points 5 hours ago. (Contains Spoilers)

This series reminds me of a Latin version of “The Durrells in Corfu” which I enjoyed. I’m glad honesty is coming around. I would struggled if everything was bases on lies. That gets old fast.

House of the Dragon (2022) S2 E5
kyocera301 1 points 8 hours ago*.

Just my personal opinion but I see the restraints of the budget of this production compared to GoT. There is too much talking and not enough fighting. It’s becoming like a soap opera. Plus GoT did have some light shone on the ‘Common Folk’ stories, this has none, hence I think it does itself a disservice.

Boraes 1 points 6 hours ago.

Do seem to be less battles and fewer scenes with masses of people set in larger scenes. They all seem to be smaller enclosed areas. Even the Dock scenes seem like it’s a small corner of a warehouse with a green screen background.

However, as long as they tell the story and don’t finish it as badly as GoT then I’m not too disappointed.

Dark Angel (2016)
Alsoavetswife 2 points 7 hours ago.

A true story and scary! Have a cup of tea?

Tierra de Mujeres (2024)
Birdsforme 1 points 7 hours ago.

I usually don`t like sitcoms. but after watching the first episode, i am in. The characters are funny and charming. i love the small village and country setting.

House of the Dragon (2022) S2 E5
kyocera301 1 points 8 hours ago*.

The Mill (2023)
Cannabliss 2 points 8 hours ago.

Loved the ride

Beverly Hills Cop: Axel F (2024)
Dvora 1 points 8 hours ago.

It was nice to see the old gang again, but this was not nearly as good as the first three. My guess is that this one was written by a millennial because of all the parent-child blame game dialogue. And even though the script fell in with the other three films, this one was did not have the fire, the snap, that the first films did. Except for the car chases, everything else was just plain drama. Did I like it? Yes, but I don’t think I will watch it again.

The Watchers (2024)
Gnostic_Alchemist 1 points 9 hours ago.

Good movie

Survivor (2000) S10 E9
hateorade 2 points 10 hours ago.

if you enjoy the US survivor, i highly recommend australian survivor (the reboot seasons starting in 2016). survivor south africa had a few really good seasons too

med109 1 points 9 hours ago.

great i will check them out. Thanks

Survivor (2000) S10 E9
med109 1 points yesterday.

i am a late member to survivor so I have been binge watching them from Season 1. I notice they change a little bit each season and maybe keep ideas that were good, This season was one of the worst I have watched! I have found something in each season that I didn’t like, but this season I didn’t find anything I liked. I hope they change a lot of the things they did in this season.

hateorade 2 points 10 hours ago.

Frozen Gold (2021)
gravedigger 1 points 10 hours ago.

thanks uploader.

Love Lies Bleeding (2024)
GeminiSaga 0 points 2 months ago.

Some mildly erotic scenes, get a grip.

magically_delicious 1 points 11 hours ago.

Graphic is not synonymous with erotic. It means giving clear and explicit detail, which this movie does in all senses of the expression. Therefore, imo it’s a good movie that deserves that expression. It’s a powerful movie that doesn’t hold back.

Mind Body Spirit (2024)
SheWatches 2 points 11 hours ago.

This film was produced with a very small cast, a focus on a single location, and nothing that is over the top, so they managed to minimalize their budget while at the same time giving their film the appearance of big budget production. They also gave it a creepy atmosphere and sinister music background. I liked it; it’s very entertaining.

Bad Boys: Ride or Die (2024)
User67 1 points 12 hours ago.

23rd July Download release

The Lincoln Lawyer (2022) S2 E10
AmieWarren 1 points 13 hours ago.

Danged actor’s strike! We won’t have Mickey back in 2024, but season 3 started filming in January, so maybe early next year at least. Can’t wait!

Naked and Afraid: Last One Standing (2023) S2 E1
Nelliesgirl_51 2 points 14 hours ago.

This was a great episode!

Fake (2024) S1 E8
sonical 1 points 14 hours ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

Well, call me intelectually challenged, but I have yet to understand the guy’s motive; at least with Nigel Havers in The Charmer, we knew it was money… here he let her get away scot-free…. I also never got the couple that ran the Tara/Eldorado scam with him; who were they and why did they get involved…

COBRA (2020)
Piglet 1 points 14 hours ago.

I remember watching the 1st season but not sure about season 2. Looks like I’ll have to watch all 3 seasons. I totally forgot about this drama.

The Boys (2019) S4 E6
Xsile 1 points 14 hours ago.

As the robot chicken parody of M. Night Shyamalan would say. “what a twist!”

Van Der Valk (2020)
Piglet 1 points 15 hours ago.

Season 4 starts on September 15th.

The Jetty (2024) S1 E2
Researcher 1 points 17 hours ago.

Hope I didn’t spoil it for you…I did mark it as a spoiler…

Piglet 1 points 15 hours ago.

No, you didn’t….all’s good….

The Boys (2019) S4 E6
Xsile 1 points 15 hours ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Smartest person on the planet yet she could not figure out how to get her cure for cancer to her poor old militant granny. Or even figure out a way to easy poor old grannies pain. Still waiting to see how smart she is instead of being told how smart she is all the time. So far all she is good at is manipulation.

The Boys (2019) S4 E6
Xsile 1 points 16 hours ago. (Contains Spoilers)

Naw man! Not the web hole! LOL

Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards (1987)
The Jetty (2024)
Peevee 1 points 16 hours ago.

This could either be handled really well….. Or be handled really badly and be preachy af

The Jetty (2024) S1 E2
Piglet 1 points 19 hours ago.

I was about to post a comment about this new drama starting today. Good to know that it is going to be a good one. Most BBC/British crime dramas are good.

Researcher 1 points 17 hours ago.

Hope I didn’t spoil it for you…I did mark it as a spoiler…

The Zero Theorem (2013)
Researcher 1 points 17 hours ago*. (Contains Spoilers)

Found this among my notes…looks like me, but not sure so I’m encasing it in quotes…just in case…

“The impressive list of participants (Matt Damon, Peter Stormare, Tilda Swinton, David Thewlis, Melanie Thierry, and Christoph Waltz) in ‘The Zero Theorem’ almost assuredly means filet mignon is what’s for dinner. Add to that entree, Terry Gilliam (‘The Adventures of Baron Munchausen,’ ‘Time Bandits,’ and all things Monty Python!) with a storyline about isolationism in a hyper-commercialized futureworld and there’s the crème brûlée! I couldn’t help but notice the similarities with the film based on George Orwell’s ‘1984’ only here the target is Big Corp (‘MANCOM.. Corporations sans frontieres’). Matt Damon plays the ‘Big Brother’ type (‘Management’) that is ‘WATCHING YOU.’ And like that film, I can see this one becoming a 21st century cult classic. Once you start into a film that is awash with mad contrivances representing a farce of modern technology, you have to keep looking at EVERYTHING to make sure you don’t miss the ongoing commentary. You just know that the workplace depicted here is a dig on Google’s happy circus-like campus!

Right off the bat, the look of the protagonist’s apartment (Christoph Waltz as Qohen Leth) smacks of ‘1984.’ There’s that bit of dark, decrepit wetness that never fails to make it into Gilliam’s films i.e. there’s water but nothing can clean away the underlying grime and detritus of it all. And, oh yes, the ever-present heightened security…locks, deadbolts, and chains…it’s there too! You’ll see a nearly-unrecognizable Waltz, butt naked, in his apartment anxiously awaiting a ‘call.’ One look at that weird phoneset and you know that it’s not just any call, it’s ‘The Call!’ In stark contrast to Qohen’s dark cavernous apartment, the world has become one bigass invasive commercial billboard/ticker with Frogger-like traffic comprised of nothing but Mini Coopers rushing to get somewhere. Yes, it’s colorful but in a garish and superficial way. Wait! That’s what commercialism delivers, doesn’t it?

And though he’s good at what he does, Qohen’s just not ‘feeling’ it leaving him hungering for that elusive little something extra…the meaning to his life. And yes, folks. There IS a religious aspect: the bleak void of meaninglessness facing those desperately hoping for a second coming, that call with the meaning of their life that supposedly will never come. However, according to ‘The Zero Theorem,’ the bottomline is that at the end, all there can be is disordered chaos and, as one stand-in says, ‘Chaos pays!’ It was interesting how Qohen decides to deal with the void, though…leap of faith maybe?

Take your time watching this one and do rewind often to catch it all…it’s certainly worth it! I AM a fan but we are legion; you won’t be disappointed if you’re one of us! I’ll applaud this one with a 4 out 5.”

The Power (2023) S1 E5
footshot 1 points 17 hours ago.

scarlett minnow = red herring…. maybe

Nickelodeon Kids' Choice Awards (1987) S2024 E1
The Jetty (2024) S1 E2
Researcher 2 points 21 hours ago. (Contains Spoilers)

O.M.G! Guys, get on this one! Did not see that coming at all! Well, might have had I not been so enthralled with the story-telling. That reveal at the end of the episode knocked my socks off!

Piglet 1 points 19 hours ago.

The Bear (2022) S3 E1
expresso 2 points 16 days ago.

In the US a career path as a cook or chef depends on the cultural level of what you’re going to be cooking and serving. Here most professional commercial cooks and chefs (non-prestige hotel, corporate food service, etc) will attend a culinary program or pursue a food science/food service degree concentration at a local college. Typically they will get an associate’s degree or certificate. If they have higher aspirations and want to learn and work in the fine dining industry on “haute cuisine” at prestige restaurants, they almost always go to a specialty school aka “culinary institute” preferably in Europe and then they stage/do apprenticeships. The government does not require any specific training or licensure for people to cook in ordinary commercial restaurants, anyone can be a short-order cook at a diner. All the standards for chefs who work at prestige restaurants/“haute cuisine” are set within the industry itself. They typically follow the European system shown here with a long series of apprenticeships/stages, which as you say is “working your way up through the kitchens learning from the best” (ie you start out polishing the forks and doing prep, then you perform every role, not everybody will be a candidate for sous, you must be extremely talented and creative to merit CDC). I think the main difference in the US is that the restaurant trade is far more flexible and capitalist. An outsider with no training or experience in the world of “haute cuisine” and the star system can take what they learned from their mother and turn it into a smash hit and have very successful restaurants if they manage to capture the public’s attention (this is not an endorsement of the quality of that food).

magically_delicious 1 points 20 hours ago.

Brilliant explanation! I am European and trained as a chef both in France and the States. (I have no idea why the op only mentioned Germany, Swiss, etc., when France is central to the best chefs in the world). I found that American Chef’s training was rigorous and completely followed European standards and most certainly expected chefs in training to be “in the kitchen and practically trained”. In fact, all of my instructors were from Europe and were very demanding. The ONLY difference would have been the male to female ratio, and the fact that it was a lot more demanding (you were expected to learn traditional cooking as well as much more ethnically diverse cooking). Your comment is wonderful. Thanks again.

The Bear (2022) S3 E1
tardisrider 1 points 21 hours ago.

don’t know, i grew up as a kid in England traveling around Europe so for me i feel more European than American I’ve only lived here for the last 20 years or so, i have never been to culinary school but have worked for some very skilled chefs and seen many graduates of schools both from local community colleges and prestigious institutes, i have learned you get what you pay for, but both only give a basis for learning on the job. its a piece of paper that gets your foot in the door you still have to be a driven individual willing to learn.

kraichgau 1 points 20 hours ago.

my point was the basic training,which is in germany,swiss and austria for example the three years dual training system.
sure,its only a piece of paper,but some skills Must have been learned,and can be expected. here the reason for grumbling could be,because if i hire a commis(junior-chef),he should at least have that 3years training knowledge.
and thats BASIC,after that everything depends on the individual wishes to learn.
there,i totally agree with you.
i became a bit more realxed about that,when working on three continents with VERY different training skills/systems :)

The Bear (2022) S3 E1
kraichgau 1 points 21 hours ago*.

might be a two-ways cultural/work-related misunderstanding then.
we might consider things as logical known,which in your enviroment need to be trained on the job.
dont know,but never had bigger differences between title and skills than with US-trained chefs.
“chef” is a word,which is used differently as well on your continent and europe etc..here only accomplished seniors hold that title. juniors are commis etc

tardisrider 1 points 21 hours ago.

The Jetty (2024) S1 E2
Researcher 2 points 21 hours ago. (Contains Spoilers)

The Bear (2022) S3 E1
tardisrider 3 points yesterday.

in the industry myself for years and every European chef i worked under was a jerk, nothing but belittling, derogatory, bulling. i learned most from those who took the time to show technique, and explain things and they were mostly American and British chefs. i had more to say but then read expresso’s comment and feel she said it better.

kraichgau 1 points 21 hours ago*.

might be a two-ways cultural/work-related misunderstanding then.

It Could Happen to You (1994)
Wolfie D 1 points 21 hours ago.

Ahhh! <3 With all the chaos in the world, I Just had to see this again! Tears of Joy from an old retired vet! Love watching this every YEAR! 9/10 (should’ve had a sequel! LOL

Beverly Hills, 90210 (1990)
Macgee 1 points 22 hours ago.

Shannen and Luke reunited in the heavens 🙏🏻👼👼. R.I.P

House of the Dragon (2022) S2 E5
hellsingfan01 2 points 23 hours ago.

Once again House Of The Dragon season 2 just proves why it is must watch television with another fantastic episode of the show.

The Bikeriders (2024)
Susan Queen 1 points 23 hours ago.

Bikeriders in the past were all about the love of bikes and the close-knit comradery. The club was a loyal family and the communities adored the boys. Later on of course, money, drugs, corruption and deception became the present bike club model. The movie lacks passion and fun between the members. They are a pack of old, bored and tired old farts. The photos taken by the author during the credits shows the friendship that should have been portrayed. The direction and script was too sterile for me. I just watched it to drool over Tom :)

Survivor (2000) S10 E9
med109 1 points yesterday.

House of the Dragon (2022) S2 E5
Researcher 2 points yesterday*. (Contains Spoilers)

Wouldn’t it have been cool to hear someone from the crowd yell, “Fire up the barbie, Boys! It’s Meleys rib night tonight!”
I mean, they’re hungry, right?
What?! Too soon?
Meanwhile, Cole’s in the kitchen, making lemonade, thinking “If life gives you lemons…”

mkmikas 1 points yesterday.

too much sulphur..

The Bikeriders (2024)
artrok2000 1 points yesterday.

sorry brother, I think I was partially asleep when replying. these movies are a godsend for insomniacs such as myself lol. I would love to find out who invests in these movies.
“Budget $30–40 million” (taken from Wikipedia)

hellsingfan01 1 points yesterday.

Don’t worry about it I take it that you didn’t like the movie then.